Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

For The Love of Ash | Teaser Four

It's a snow day over here in Connecticut! I'm so happy because I get to catch up on my writing, do some research for another one of my books, and edit For The Love of Ash. So, yes, I am relishing in the freebie day. And since I've been neglecting the blog-i-verse, I owe you all a teaser! Here ya go!

This teaser is from Luke's POV after a big blowup with his father at the dinner table... I chose this part to give you all a little look at Luke's family life, his background and what kind of guy he is. Remember, this hasn't been professional edited yet and is subject to change.

“Can I talk to you for a second?” Lindsay asked me. I nodded and sat up. I rubbed Lilly’s back before I left. Linds led me out into the hallway, and across the way to her childhood bedroom. She shut the door behind us and leaned against it, blocking anyone who might come in. 
“What’s wrong?” I asked her, immediately picking up on her nervousness.
“You have to go.”
“What?”
“He’s going to beat the shit out of you. Here are the keys to my apartment. I’ll stay heer. You gotta go until he leaves again.”
“I’m fucking twenty-three, Lindsay. He can’t beat me up anymore.”
“Luke, please. I’m offering you an out.” She grabbed onto my forearm, her wide blue eyes twinkling up at me. 
“This has got to be some fucking joke. What about Liam, or you? What if he takes it out on you guys?”
“He won’t.”
“This is bullshit, Linds.” I turned so she couldn’t see my face and ran my hand through my hair, pulling at the ends. I didn’t know what to do to make this better. But I knew Lindsay was right. I couldn’t stay. I just didn’t want to leave them to deal with the pieces.
“I know, but you don’t have a choice. You have to work tomorrow. You don’t have time to go to the emergency room. Please. Just go to my place.”
“Come with me.” I spun around and grabbed her biceps. She could come and we’d both be safe. He didn’t hit the other kids so if we left, he’d have to calm down alone. That would work.
“I have to watch the others. Father will be gone in a week, probably earlier. I’m fine. I’m your older sister. So listen to me.” She glared, quirking her brows up. “For once in your life, listen.”
“Love you,” I said as I plucked the keys from her pointer finger.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!