Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 23, 2014

A Reliant Love | Teaser Nine

All I have to say is... Thank goodness it's Friday. Has this week been extremely long for anyone else? Pure torture. And what's with the rain. Blech. First, I would like to congratulate Jen Wool on winning a paperback copy of The Thousand Year Curse and The Curse of Betrayal. She's an old friend from high school and I'm SO happy she won them!

Now, onto the teaser. Today is one for A Reliant Love (as if you couldn't tell from the title of the post). It's from the perspective of Nathalie. Our favorite girl!

I don’t know how much time passes, but I wake up to hushed voices. I try to fall back asleep, but they continue to argue, and it irritates me, forcing me awake.
“Why is she sleeping with you? I’ve never seen you snuggle, let alone be so lovey,” a male voice says. I know the conversation is about me, so I pretend to be asleep, so I can eavesdrop.
“We’re just friends. Go the fuck upstairs,” Sam says, his voice harsh. His chest rumbles underneath me, and I can feel him tense up like he’s going to fight. His heart beats a little faster, and in turn, it makes mine speed up.
“Dude, I’m just looking out for you. You’re being protective, and Kar said you were acting weird in the car. What about your plans?”
“My plans aren’t changing. She’s nobody to me.” I break from the inside out at Sam’s words. I choke, trying to hold back a sob, and Sam’s entire body goes rigid. He must know I’m awake. I suck in my emotions and pretend like I didn’t hear a thing.
Sam looks down at me, trying to gauge my reaction, so I don’t give him one. “Sorry…I was so tired.” I rub my eyes, but it’s more to keep my tears inside.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!