Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 8, 2013

Day Eight

Camp Nanowrimo. Day Eight- 7/8/13

Well... to say things have been going well would be a lie. I have not been doing as well as I would have liked and now I'm just getting frustrated. I don't know what it is but I just cannot get it together!

I started off strong- writing every day at least a thousand words and most of the time over that. I think I average 1600 a day. And then towards the end of the week, I just wasn't feeling it. I was unmotivated and frustrated that I was!

I've written a total of 8,175 words. My goal is 50,000. To finish my novel on time I will have to write 1,700 words per day. At the rate I'm going with zero words today I will finish August 18th.

IT SUCKS!

On the plus side, my cabin has been doing very well and we're all helping each other out. There's one person in the group who's going crazy and writing over 5,000 a day. I'm completely envious. BUT, the normal people in the group are also struggling.

I find that the cabin aspect is really helpful. I have to admit I was a tad skeptical at first just because I figured people would be so focused on the writing that people wouldn't check in online that often. I was wrong.

To log your word counts, you have to go online. You get notifications when there's unread messages or if someone has in boxed you. It's really cool actually. I tend to just keep the webpage open in the background when I'm working.

I think the only reason I'm still hopeful on finishing is because of the cabin and my cabin mates. They make me want to finish and do well. They really are a support system!

I really need some help guys! Give me some support and push me to finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!