Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 21, 2013

Double Teaser Friday

Hello again. It's my favorite day of the week. I wanted to give you all your teaser early since I'll be going away. I'm trying to take it slow with the editing so this scene is from The Thousand Year Curse- the beginning.

I've only edited up to chapter six so I have a ways to go. (The book has thirty chapters)


    “Junior.” I whisper into his ear. “Junior.” I speak a little louder shaking his shoulder. “Wake up.” I say but he continues to ignore me. I walk over to my window and rip open the blinds hoping the light will wake him up. 
“What the fuck!” He yells pulling the covers over his face. This is going to be worse than I thought. I grab his shoulder but when I pull on him we both fly back landing on the other side of the room with a loud thud. I hit my head on the wall and my vision flashes back. My arms tremble and my legs feel like jello as if I was tased. 
“What the hell was that Ryder?” Junior asks me, his eyes wide his jaw set in a grim line. 
“You tell me. That was crazy.” I act stupid pretending that I have no idea what that was. I know if you’re lying then you don’t make eye contact. I make sure to maintain it so he has no doubt I’m lying. I feel like shit doing this but I’m not ready to tell him. I don’t even understand what’s happening myself. 


It's a quickie but it's all I have for you guys today from The Thousand Year Curse....

BUTTTTT... I'll give you another speak peak at Angel Wings (not sure about the title yet). I just love this new idea I have going on. I haven't added on but I like this part. Let me know what you think. Remember----- this one hasn't been through any sort of editing so ignore all that. 

I was fucking scared. I didn’t have wings so I couldn’t even save myself if I fell. Instead I had to rely completely on Micha- one of the angels who put me in this position. 
I didn’t bring any of my belongings. Instead I wore my favorite pair of jeans with a comfy teeshirt. In my jeans pocket was a photograph from my birthday this year of myself, Perry, Tab and my closest relatives. I figured I should bring it since it has everyone I love all wrapped up in one photo. 
Clinging onto Micha for dear life, he held me in his arms, my head rested on his chest listening to his heart beat strong beneath me. We started flying out of the Veil and I tried to see every landscape as we passed it so I could memorize the way it looked here. 
Micha must have noticed my longing because he picked up speed as he hugged my body close to him. A few other Archangels flew behind us and in front of us making sure we had safe passage to Earth. 

Alright, that's all I have for you guys. Please let me know what you think. I love getting your feedback- it's part of why I love posting my teasers. I love to spoil you guys :) Thanks! 

P.S. I may be MIA until Tuesday so I apologize in advance if there are no posts for five days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!